~*~

~*~

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Character Behind the Character

I've kind of known this for a while, but today was the first time I'd really thought about it.
I've mentioned before that Hugh Jackman is my favorite actor, because when you see the behind the scenes footage, he seems like an awesome guy.
And at one point I was wondering if Idina Menzel might be my favorite actress (because I love her voice). But I was never able to find enough behind-the-scenes footage to really decide.
Perhaps some day I will.

I recently re-watched some episodes of Once upon a Time, season 2 because I was looking for a couple specific scenes.
Captain Hook isn't an ally in season 2, though he does become one. I like him because he's funny (I just realized this, but he's a bit like Tamaki, with the "aren't I fabulous" thing).
The actor for Hook had an interview (ooh, I actually found it):


I'll admit right off the bat that I like accents. Especially Irish accents, since you don't seem to hear them that often (David Tennant has one - my favorite Doctor so far).
But I also decided that I liked the actor for Hook.
And when I decided that, I suddenly liked Captain Hook better too.


Apparently the people who act out characters influence how much I like the character. And I don't mean their acting skill, but what they seem to be like in real life.
Luckily the reverse hasn't happened yet. I don't know of any actor who's destroyed a character for me. Though that may be because I'd detach a loved character from a nasty actor... it's not the character's fault if they get stuck with a mean actor. TT^TT

No comments: