~*~

~*~

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Introducing the Dusk dragon

Okay, I'm finally done. This is the last new dragon species. 

 

'I had the Sun, Moon, and Dawn dragons. It always felt weird that there wasn't a Dusk dragon. So I finally made one. Except they're extinct (I'm not sure yet if I'll have one or two still alive - dragons are very long-lived after all). They were driven to extinction during the big war. The same thing that wiped them out nearly wiped out the Moon dragons. Moon dragons continue to have few eggs as a lingering result. It's probably from some sort of biological weapon, but I have no details on it yet.

These guys were targeted because they're incredible dangerous in a fight. They're not particularly large, but they're very fast and maneuverable, thanks to their two sets of wings. And they spit explosive fireballs. They're also more ferocious than any other dragon (except maybe the Lash dragon). 

They have small forearms, but their back legs are long and provide them a way to spring into the air to get airborne quickly. They have a long serpentine tongue, and a long tail tipped with a sharp barb.

Heheh. It's cool designing these last 3 dragon species after working at a zoo for 3+ years. I can incorporate all these cool features that exist in real animals. Like the long, spring-loaded hind legs of a snow leopard.

Though I'm slightly concerned about the Earth dragon. Its neck is longer than its forelegs. How can it dig tunnels when its head sticks out farther than the claws do? TT^TT

No comments: