~*~

~*~

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Home Tree

Hey, I neglected to mention this. Avatar stole my idea!
Back in my story "Dragons of Element" that is so bad, there was an idea I wanted to salvage for use in a different book. The idea was these huge trees. They were hollowed out, though leaving the cambium layer intact, ex, so that the trees remained alive. And the people lived in rooms that were inside the trunk of these massive trees.
Through the very center of the trunk, there was a spiral staircase going all the way up to where the branches first leave the trunk, high high in the air. Those branches are so big that the dragons make their homes in them. And people can ride the dragons up to the branches and then go into the tree trunk and descend to their rooms.
Then there's Avatar. The Na-vi live in a giant tree with a spiral structure in the center and the banshee creatures live in the branches of the tree...
That's kind of scary how similar they are. Great minds think alike? Maybe we were operating on the same wave. I mean, my story was written a long time ago, and Cameron started work on Avatar a long time ago...

1 comment:

E said...

Actually that's something a lot of people think of. I know in one book, The Lost Years of Merlin (cant remember who it was written by) there were trees like that. I know I've read about them elsewhere too, but I cant really remember...