I finally finished another sketchbook! And it only took about four years. So it's time to share my favorites. There are more than ever, which is hopefully a sign that my art is improving. I will resist pointing out the mistakes I made XD
This is a scene I redrew from The Last Unicorn. I tried to get something of a tapestry feel to the image behind her.
Someone once told me they wanted a tattoo of tigers and California poppies. That sounded really pretty, so I drew it. Except I don't think I have her contact information to show her...
Wade, from Elemental! I was amazed at how hard he was to draw. They said that he was a beast to animate, but I didn't realize that drawing a single image of him would also be a beast. I would have thought that the lack of any solid shape would have made him simpler to draw. But it just meant that certain details had to be just right, or he didn't look like Wade anymore.
A fox wearing foxgloves!
My favorite work of art is Winged Victory, in the Louvre. Which I finally got to see a couple years ago! At one point, I looked up images of what the statue might have looked like if she weren't broken. And none of them looked very good. So I did my own! It may not fit an expert's pattern, but it fits my vision.
Ame And Yuki, from Wolf Children. I tried to do the sky in pastel, and made a mess of it. But that gives it texture XD
When I was playing Undertale for the first time, I was horrified when Asgore broke the Mercy. I wanted to try to capture that moment.
Queen Tara and Ronin, from Epic. I love both of these characters. Queen Tara is still the coolest namesake I could hope for.
No comments:
Post a Comment