I just discovered that Sherlock Hound is an entire series. I rented it from the library a long time ago, but it turns out that was just a few episodes squished together into something like a movie.
It's something Miyazaki worked on before Studio Ghibli. He didn't do all of the episodes, but you can definitely see his influence in parts of it. There's a swimming submarine, just like Fujimoto's underwater boat. Another ship looks like Goliath in Castle in the Sky. And there's plenty of air travel.
There's also a cartoony feel about it, reminiscent of Castle of Cagliostro.
And the girls are tough. When one lady is kidnapped, she ends up with her captors wrapped around her finger. Not unlike how the pirates all dote on Sheeta and Fio.
And wow, I think The Great Mouse Detective stole quite a bit from this series.
No comments:
Post a Comment