~*~

~*~

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

IMAX is wasted on me

I think Imax is wasted on me. Unless it's one of those curved screens. 

I just saw the Odyssey with my cousin. It's the first movie filmed specifically for Imax, so I thought it would be good to see it that way. But I was focused on the story and characters, so I had no idea that it wasn't an ordinary theater screen. Even though it cost a lot more. 

My other cousin said that you can see it on even better screens, but there aren't many of them. I wonder if I could even tell the difference. 

If I see a movie in 3D, I also kind of forget part way through the movie. 


It's interesting that the movie decided to kinda delete the gods. In the book, they were a very real and physical presence. In the movie, they're only shown as forces of nature or hallucinations. I guess it's going for the view that you can't have faith in a god if they're so easy to see and talk to. They have to be sort of unknown and mysterious, to test your faith? That's just speculation. There were plenty of humans in the movie that had magic. 

No comments: