~*~

~*~

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Shinies~

This is very random, but I thought it would be fun to write about, since I don't have anyone to celebrate with.
At least, no one nearby. XP
I was playing Pokémon today and caught a shiny!
A Gulpin.

So nothing too impressive. Not like my first shiny.

My first shiny was a Trapinch, in Emerald. I thought for a second that there was a coloring glitch, until I realized what the blue Trapinch actually was. And then I was incredibly excited.
I'd found a couple shinies in the original gold/silver games (a girafarig and a Nidoran M) but I failed to catch both of them. And of course there's the Red Gyarados, but everyone gets that. (I do have Red Gyarados on my team though. her name is Peliroja - red head).
That Trapinch is now a Flygon, and probably the coolest real shiny that I've found.

I named her Tahoe, because that's where I was when I found the Trapinch.

I guess the next shiny I found was in diamond. It was a Geodude.
Usually I name shinies after something that is going on that day. He's the only exception. I named this one Nugget. And he's now a Golem.
This is one of my cooler shinies.


Then in Pearl I found both a shiny Pelipper, and a shiny Bibarel.
Neither of those are too impressive.
The Pelipper I named Hunter. I was staying with a family at the time, and for some reason the Pelipper made me think of the guy there named Hunter.
And the Bibarel I named Gingerbread, because I'd just made a gingerbread house.



In Heart Gold, my nightmare happened. I ran into a shiny Krabby at the Safari Zone. Now, in the Safari Zone, Pokemon can run away at any time. But by some miracle, I managed to catch this one before I fled. Krabby, at least, isn't a touchy Pokémon, so will hang around longer than certain others.
I'd just been watching Natsume Yuujinchou, so I named her after the mermaid Sasafune. I've avoided evolving her, but maybe I should because she is one of my cooler shinies.


In White 2, I found a shiny Audino and a shiny Watchog. Again, neither of these are very impressive.
I named the Audino Quillian, after an OC pony that I was making a plush commission of that morning.
The Watchog I named Orb, after a horse in a Kentucky Derby race that I had just seen. Orb must have been the winner.



In White 2, There is an in-game opportunity to catch shiny Haxorus, and shiny Dratini. I have both of these. Haxorus is a big part of my white 2 team.
And then there's a ton I've got in on-line events (Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Pichu, Eevee, Dialga, Milotic, Palkia, Giratina, Gengar, and Beldum). I haven't used most of them. I think I have a weird idea that I want them to stay pristine and unused. Although I do have duplicates of some, so I might as well try them.

And then for a while in X and Y, people discovered that every Pokémon comes with a code. And if the code of a Pokémon matches up with he code of your game, then that Pokémon becomes shiny. And by trading eggs with certain codes to certain games, you can automatically hatch a shiny. This didn't last long, because the game added a patch to make it impossible to read these codes. I did try this a couple times, just for fun. I got Froakie (now Greninja), Kabuto (now Kabutops) and Noibat (now Noivern).
I didn't find any natural shinies in X/Y. Not yet, at least (Crosses fingers).

So, that would make Gulpin the most recent, in Alpha Sapphire.
I was searching for Trubbish. A Gulpin popped up in the grass, so I went to check it out (to increase the search rank). I wasn't even looking at the screen, but I heard the sparkle and immediately snapped to attention. I threw a Quick ball, and easily caught her.
I'd been reading the Tiger and Bunny manga, so I looked up names. Pao-Lin caught my attention (Dragon Kid). But it's too pretty a name for a Gulpin, so I shortened it to Pao. XD
So now I have Pao the Gulpin.
I don't know if I'll evolve her. Especially if I evolve my Krabby.

That makes about 8 wild-encountered shinies total. Not bad. that's still only about 1 every other year though. Rare enough that I still get excited about it.
Tahoe is still my favorite. But Sasafune and Nugget are pretty cool too. I should transfer them to newer games, where I'll actually use them.

No comments: