~*~

~*~

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Back to the Barn

Looks like I'm finally going back to work tomorrow.
I've only got a week left. What a strange way to end a job.

For the past few days, the town where I live this summer has been evacuated.

I'm really freaking lucky.
Lucky that it was just a temporary home that I had to leave behind.
Lucky that I brought most of my stuff with me, even if I was missing a few annoying things like my clock.
I was lucky that I have a safe place to stay for this week and a half.
Plus lucky that the town wasn't hurt, and I don't think any people were hurt either.

A lot of people had to stay at an evacuation center several miles away.

I've gotta take more pictures of my horse when I get back up there.
I only have one of him. Sandy. He's my pretty boy. My blondie.
He's so polite. It's cute.
Although he gets scared of random stuff. Like the week before I left, he saw a leaf in the middle of the trail. A leaf. He sniffed at it and hopped straight up into the air (I had chosen that minute to stretch my legs, so they weren't in the stirrups. Yet I didn't have any trouble hanging on, which was a miracle XD ).
He also stomped on my foot the day before I came home.
It still hurts, and will hurt even more when I have to put on my cowboy boots again.



I'll get cuter pictures of him next week~

Ooh. I fell off the top of the haystack. It was seven bales high. I kid you not.
No one was around to witness it, but it must have been quite the scene for the horses and mules who were in the barn. I tumbled all the way down.

And I didn't get hurt (which was good, because that was the morning my foot got stomped. Crazy stuff happens all at once).

No comments: