~*~

~*~

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Tedious

It's so tedious doing super-detailed edits of a long story. Probably because it's such slow going. I can work for an hour or two on a single page (or on a single line). Then when I start to move at a faster pace, I that I'm not going deep enough.
But it's also satisfying when you've smoothed a word, or a sentence, or a paragraph out to make it feel really nice.
Hopefully other people think it's nice too, which is the real test.

But maybe I should write something random and shallow, like a fanfic chapter. It would be a nice change, since I don't need to perfect those. And I only need to edit them a couple times.
But I'm so close to finishing this draft that I'm reluctant to take a break to write a fanfic chapter. Heheh. I'll get to it eventually.
I'm actually rewriting the first chapter of my Pokémon fanfic.


I decided to do this mostly because someone wrote a fanfiction of my Pokémon fanfiction. Which is when I looked back at my first chapter and cringed.
It's pretty much written (and has been for a while) but I'm in the process of drawing a picture to go along with it. I finished the picture ages ago, but when I rewrote the chapter I fleshed it out so much that the picture now belongs to chapter two. Which means that I'll have to at least rewrite chapter two, so I can use the picture I drew. Heh.
I don't plan on going much farther on the Pokémon fanfic for now.
But I'd like to rewrite the next chapter of my Midna fanfic. I haven't done that in a long time.


The rewriting of my fanfics is a very low priority, and one I'm mostly keeping for when I need a fun, shallow writing project.

No comments: