~*~

~*~

Sunday, August 19, 2018

You Don't Have to Live Near a Story

Every now and then someone says something that confuses the heck out of me.
During Fanime, I found only one thing in the entire convention from Coco. A cute key chain of Hector and Imelda dancing. I bought it, and the next day they were sold out. I commented on this to the artist.
She's from Australia, and she said, "I guess Coco is popular here because you're closer to Mexico."
Inwardly I went, "whaaat?"
Because we were literally at a convention dedicated to Japanese cartoons. Half-way across the world from Japan. And she's saying that you have to live close to something in order to be a fan of it?
@_@
A lot of my favorite stories take place in other parts of the world, whether it's Mexico, Japan, China, Africa, Australia, or France.

Anyway, as usual I'll tack on a zoo photo.

Sifaka - a type of lemur (pronounced "shiffawk").

No comments: