~*~

~*~

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Writing to Music

One question people often ask writers:
Do you listen to music while writing?

I've heard a few different answers. Some people can't focus on writing when there's music in the background.

Since I'm a musician (I say that phrase with such pride after watching Coco XD ), I often have music playing while I write.

Although it has to be instrumental music - soundtracks or classical or something. If it has lyrics, it's usually too distracting for me to be able to focus. Unless I manage to block the music out entirely. Which makes it meaningless to play the music in the first place.

However if I'm writing something tricky where I need to focus a lot, I need to turn the music off entirely. Which probably means that the music is distracting me more than I want to admit. O__O

No comments: