~*~

~*~

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Huyana

Here's the picture of Huyana I drew!


I'm so happy how it turned out!
I bought some books in Yosemite, about the American Indians from around there. Since that's where Huyana is from, it was really helpful to figure out her design.
She has a doeskin dress with a fringe along the bottom (although it's hard to tell because I tried to make the dress flare out behind her). The fringe ends half way between her knees and ankles. For jewelry, she has a beaded necklace, earrings, and a hair tie decorated with feathers. Her people have tattoos. I just gave her one. It's a rain cloud, but instead of rain, it's pouring feathers. The design inside the rain cloud is taken from the designs they weave into their baskets.


(The last page of my sketchbook was blue paper, hence the background color)

Huyana has white-tailed kits wings, and also orange eyes like the birds have. So I made her feather ornaments orange to match her eyes. The sash too. It helps add color with the brown dress and black hair. And then blue beads for a bit of contrast.

So yeah, I had fun with her design.

No comments: