~*~

~*~

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The beginnings of "the Light of the Sun"

So, to start explaining some stuff about "The Light of the Sun." I'm going to have to do this one in stages. Or this post would be REALLY long and I'm too tired to do all of it right now.
So, part one. How this story started out. Like others, I had no idea what was going to happen. It started out as an idea for a small part of the story. In this case, the first chapter.
Here's the idea that sparked this story.
(This actually started out as my character Fern who was bluffing that she was a werewolf just to spook someone). There's a person (Laney for this story) who is a werewolf. Obviously. And, the moon is about to rise. There's some bad guys nearby. And just as it looks like they're in trouble, the full moon peeks out over a hill. Laney turns and looks at the moon. When she turns back, she's smiling, and her teeth are growing sharper, like fangs. (And there's the whole pulsing sound effect, like a heart beating. Just for effect! :D )
So, I liked that image, so I started typing and the rest of the story sort of unfolded as I went along. The first problem was obviously that I needed a plot. Those help a lot. (Before you ask, this does not link in with Magic-Earth or Soreina).

No comments: