~*~

~*~

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Last "tidbits" from "Light of the Sun"

Okay. I should probably finish writing about "the Light of the Sun."
So, here goes.
You know, it's hard to write about places like Egypt and the Amazon when you've never been there. I wish I could go there to get first-hand experience, but it would be kinda expensive. My uncle went to Egypt, and he did actually almost get pick-pocketed by a gypsy. She was standing in front of him, waving her hand in his face. An as he was distracted, she got his wallet out of his pocket. But Uncle Rob realized that he didn't feel his wallet in his pocket anymore and he got it back from the gypsy. So, whatever the "Hunchback of Notre Dame" tells you about gypsies, there are at least some out there who will try to steal your wallet. And some friends of the family, I think it was in Italy, had gypsies break into their house. Beware when going abroad.
Will says he can't take naps. Well, neither can I. And it almost always takes me over 2 hours to fall asleep in the night. At least I don't have to worry about falling asleep during school... What really bugs me is that my dad can fall asleep in 30 seconds. I've timed him. It's really fun. Count to 30 and then say really loudly "ARE YOU ASLEEP YET?"
Oh yeah. I complain about airports in this story too. I hate all the security and waiting in lines and everything. A few jerks had to ruin everything for us by trying to blow planes to shreds. And now we all have to put up with all the security. It's really insane, most of it. All you do in airports is WAIT WAIT WAITTTTTT! But at least the flying part is fun.
Oh, I complain about cell phones in my story too. I hate cell phones. My mom got one for me to bring to college, but I never use it except to call Jenny at lunch and find out where to meet her. And that's only every few weeks. They're so complicated and annoying... I don't like them. I mean, they're good for emergencies, but some people LIVE on their cell phones. I swear. I'm old-fashioned in a lot of ways. Despite my age.
And clothes! I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND why some people think some clothes are cool. Will complains about how this happens with his sister. The object is NOT to show off as much of your body as possible, please. And boys, I don't want to see your underwear hanging out from over your pants. Did you know that "fashion" originated in jail because the prisoners didn't have any belts to hold their pants up? Some "cool" clothes are absolutely disgusting. Here's another example. I'm not saying that jeans are bad. I wear them all the time. But why would you want to pay $1000 for a pair of jeans with holes in them? It seems the worse clothes are, the more expensive they are. Well, not always. There are some good expensive clothes out there too.
Alcohol. I don't understand it. How could anyone want to drink it? I've never tasted it, but it SMELLS TERRIBLE!
Oh, Sobek, the crocodile, says something to Will and co. He says that he's not allowed to take them to El Dorado, but he won't stop them from holding on as he swims towards El Dorado. My english teacher last year, Mr. Thurtle, inspired this quote. On the day of the AP exams, all the students were asking if we had to come to class that day. Mr.Thurtle kept saying "I'm not allowed to tell you that you can't come to class." But it was obvious that he didn't care if anyone came to class. I went to class just because I'd feel bad skipping. And guess what? There were only 2 of us in class that day.
OOH, the riddle. All good treasure hunts need a riddle, right? The riddle really wasn't that hard to write, amazingly. I really want to know if a real person could figure out my riddle if they had access to internet sources and everything. If anyone who hasn't read the story can find out the riddle, I'd be really really impressed:

The riddle itself be a clue.
For during a certain place and time,
This creature be a fierce gatekeeper.
Only those quick-witted enough
To reply “man” may pass,
While those with falseness on their lips
Will not escape with their lives.
Our version of this creature sits a sentinel
Who has lost one of his five senses.
The younger brother to our guardian
Remain in his mother country,
Though the old capital be much changed.
Though he be water-logged,
He of the alabaster skin
Waits for you to greet him.
Shake his paw
And look him in the eye.
If he likes what he see,
Only then will he release the key.”

No comments: