~*~

~*~

Friday, August 3, 2012

Esther Day

So, when I was up at the writing retreat, I bought a book called Poemcrazy from the woman who came to talk to us. She signed it to me, and I started reading it on the way home from the retreat. And I just finished it a couple days ago. It's a really interesting book. It's given me a lot of ideas, obviously about poems, but it's gotten me thinking about plenty of other stuff too.
It's given me a lot of ideas for poems. Which, of course, is one of the main points of the book, including talking about the power of words. Some of the ideas I pieced together myself. Others I got directly from her.
So, once I actually finish them, I'll start writing about the ideas and sharing some of my poems. I've made notes on a bunch of them, but I haven't finished any of them yet since I spent every day this week with my cousins. And my youngest cousin Sera (on Mom's side, I have nine cousins, all younger than me, and Sera, the youngest is the only girl besides me) pretty much hung on me the entire time. She's about six. And it is fun to play with her, but she never runs out of energy. And her two older brothers are pretty active too.
They actually leave tomorrow morning, but yesterday was the last time I saw them since I volunteered today. I love them, of course, and it's fun to hang out with them on their visits, but I'm just ready to drop by the time they head home.

And, an announcement! Today is Esther Day! (If you're a Nerdfighter, you know what that means). Basically on Esther Day, you must tell everyone close to you that you love them. Especially parents, siblings, or anyone you wouldn't usually say "I love you" to. Friends and family, or boyfriend/girlfriend.
A common excuse:
"But I'm too old to say 'I love you' to my parents! And my brother's so annoying! Saying 'I love you' is too mushy!"
I don't care! Tell them anyway! The point of Esther Day is to tell those close to you that you love them. Because, like Esther, you never know when you'll someone. Tell them that you love them in case some terrible circumstance takes that chance away from you and makes you regret it.
So, I have an announcement.

I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS! THANKS FOR BEING SOOO AWESOME!!!!

No comments: