~*~

~*~

Friday, November 27, 2015

Background Photo Bomb

This is something I wonder about occasionally.
How often do we show up in pictures other peopel take?
I'm not talking about people you know and take your picture. But people you don't know.
For example, Fanime, with everyone taking pictures of everyone else because of their cool costumes.
And also if you happen to show up in the background of a totally random picture.
What were we doing when those pictures were taken? Is it a picture we might like to own? What do strangers think when they see us? Do they even notice?

Something funny happened to me a while ago.
I was on the train, and across the way was a group of high school students. They were talking and having fun, goofing off as friends do. It was fun listenign to them.
That evening, I was tagged in a photo on Facebook. It turns out that a friend of mine knew those peopel. They took a picture on the train, with me in the background. My friend spotted me in the picture and went "oh my gosh! That's Tara!" And she tagged me.
So, that random photo taken on the train found its way back to me.

No comments: