~*~

~*~

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A Couple Years worth of Anime and Manga

It's been a couple years since I did the last update for the anime/manga I've been getting through.
I had no idea it had been so long O__O
And my list of stuff to read/watch is only getting longer.

14 Sai no Koi
This is a manga that I've been slowly reading as it's updated. I suppose it would be considered a romance? Usually I don't really care for stuff that is mostly about romance, but I like this one a lot. It's really sweet and fun.

½ Prince
I enjoyed the first part of this one. Getting to know the cool videogame world, and the cool creatures, etc. It'd be a cool game to play (for the most part). But it's very long, and the second half or so of the series so stops being interesting.

Coppelion
This one's still being updated too. So far, I've enjoyed quite quite a bit. It has several things that I'm a sucker for. It does seem to be dragging on a bit too long, but I'm still enjoying it pretty well.
It takes place in a future world in which a nuclear disaster has forced everyone to flee the city of Tokyo. But not quite everyone has escaped. So, three girls who have been genetically modified to withstand the radiation are sent in to find the survivors.


Azumanga Daioh
Finished both the anime and the manga on this one. It's fun. I laughed plenty. Other parts kinda failed at being funny, but I guess that's to be expected. I think I like the manga better. The anime was fun, but they seemed to end up with too much time during some of the episodes, so they dragged stuff out too much.
It is one I would recommend. I like Sakaki. Poor girl. She tries so hard to get cats to like her XD


Cirque du Freak
I read the manga first, and I recently read the first book. I enjoyed it. I'm not really a vampire fan generally, but I did get into this series. I like the snake boy~

Wolf Children
A beautiful movie. Especially if you love shape-shifters. I love how they explore the way they would grow up in a normal world.


Chi’s Sweet Home
Freaking adorable, both in the manga and anime. I love Chi. The end of the manga was rather abrupt. And the second half of the anime is too repetitive. But I love all the rest of it. I watched some of this while I was in Japan, and it made me so cat sick.


Doubutsu No Kuni
A rather strange art style. But I ended up getting rather attached to the series. Probably because it echoed some things that I feel very deeply.
In this world, there are almost no humans left. It's mostly animals. And since none of them understand each others speech, they don't get along. Except for one little boy who can understand all the languages of the animals.


Tiger and Bunny
The anime is a lot of fun. Tiger is so great.
A superhero series. I suppose the setup is a little bit like X-Men, as there are people who are randomly born with superpowers.

You are Umasou
This movie is freaking adorable. But then again, I do love dinosaurs.
What happens when a baby T-rex is raised by peaceful plant-eaters?


Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
It took me a while to get into this. But that's pretty common for me. It takes me a while to get attached to a series. But it is quite funny, especially how they turn so many ideas on their heads.
A high school story, which is almost a romance, except I don't think an official romance ever happens?

Black Cat
Just finished reading this a couple weeks ago. It was good. It felt rather like Rurouni Kenshin to me, but it was enjoyable. I like Eve. Because I'm a sucker for characters like Eve...
Is it bad that I can't think of a simple interesting way to describe this? An ex-assassin wants to live a peaceful life, but one very dangerous friend/foe doesn't want him to move on.

Yowamushi Pedal
I am very grateful to this series (finished the anime, though the manga is still going). It got me into riding bikes. Which is something I had been thinking about for a long time, to avoid driving places.
All about a high school bike team.

Haikyu
Urrrgh. This makes me want to play volleyball so bad. I miss it so much...
All about a high school volleyball team XD

Patema Inverted
Fascinating. The execution was average, but the concept was fascinating.
Imagine what would happen if your world was upside down, and you risked falling into the sky, forever?

Heidi: Girl of the Alps
An old Ghibli series. It's amazing to me how they can turn a kids book into an entire series. Rather slow-paced, which is to be expected, but still fun.

Silver Spoon
By the author that wrote my favorite series. Not quite as exciting as FMA, but still lots of fun. It makes me laugh out loud occasionally, which is always great.
A school series, but this one takes place at an agricultural school. So, lots of animals.

Bakuman
Just started reading this from the library. It's one of those things that gets me really fired up for writing. Which is hard on me when I'm in the midst of evil grad stuff, and can't write as much as I want...
It's about two kids who want to be professional manga artists/writers.

No comments: