~*~

~*~

Monday, February 6, 2017

The World is a Strange Place

So, my cousin in Italy has a shop about half an hour outside of Florence.
He sells his awesome wood artwork there in that little country town.
I got this coaster from him.


A seemingly random shift:

Sometimes Dad and I go to estate sales nearby, since it's fun to look at other people's houses and old junk.
About a week ago, we were at an estate sale.
As I was browsing, I caught sight of something that immediately made me think of David's wood art style.


I snatched it up and flipped it over. The logo looked like David's and it had his initials on it too.
I couldn't really believe that one of his pieces ended up in an estate sale. Even if they or their parents had given it as a gift while they were visiting the area, what are the odds of finding it at an estate sale?
I bought it anyway.
And I compared the logos at home.
They were the same.

I sent a picture to my cousin in Italy. And he did really make it.

Sometimes I'm floored by the strange workings of the world.
My cousin makes these beautiful wood pieces on the other side of the planet in this beautiful little shop out in the country. And I find one in a suburb estate sale.

Wow.

No comments: