~*~

~*~

Monday, October 15, 2018

Look at People when you Talk to Them

Last week was one of the really big fundraisers for the zoo. I was scheduled to help out with it. I'd never done a big event like this, and wasn't sure what to expect. I kept teasing about how I'd handle a night with lots of rich people and lots of alcohol.
Half of that is pretty silly since I've known plenty of rich people. It's not like they're aliens or anything XD
A lot of people would consider me rich, considering I have plenty of food, a nice place to live, and even a car.
And as to the alcohol, well, I didn't have to stay the whole night so I was was gone before that became a thing. Though someone did spill wine on me. They were rather mortified, but it didn't bother me. It's just a work jacket. Wine is a lot less messy than other messes at the zoo (like when giraffe drool blows into your face).

What ended up being the main problem? I hurt my neck really badly the day before. I could barely turn my head. I still can't turn it all the way, though it's a lot better. It's really hard to talk to people without moving your head. Especially when you're talking to tall people.

Other than that the event went really well. I was there to talk to our donors about giraffes.

All the people I talked to were really great and excited about them. Some of them knew quite a bit about giraffes and had even seen them in the wild.

The boss of the whole zoo even invited me to stay for a drink. I had to go "I caaan't! I can't move. TT^TT "

No comments: