~*~

~*~

Monday, October 29, 2018

The Book List

I think it started when I was in middle school. I wrote down all the books I wanted to read on scraps of paper and put them in a box. That way I could reach into the box and pick out my next book. It would always be a surprise.
I kept doing that for a long time.
After a while I didn't care about keeping the books random. But there were a lot of them and I didn't want to have to type all of them out as a list.
So I put it off.
And kept putting it off.
And the number of scraps in the box kept building. It was a pain if I ever had to go through them for any reason to find a specific book.

Finally I couldn't take it anymore. I spent two nights typing out all of those books on my computer.
The list is 12 pages long.
12 pages.
That's over 500 books.



Will the list ever get shorter? I read a lot, but even the books I have at my house never seem to diminish in number. I haven't even been buying any books lately! But they keep multiplying.
Well, at some point I have to read some of the oldest books on the list that have been there for over 15 years.

No comments: