~*~

~*~

Monday, December 17, 2018

Filling the Gaps

I keep wondering what new story I'll start next.
As always, all of my ideas are full of gaps. I usually can't figure out how to fill those gaps until I start writing. Unless of course the idea is still too vague.
I try to go with the most fully formed story. But that doesn't usually happen. Usually it's the story I'm most excited about. Even if it's riddled with holes.
For a while I thought I knew what the next story would be. We'll call it Arrin's story, since that's the protagonist's name (for now). But a couple days ago, I read about a bit of mythology that would make for an awesome end to a different story, which I'll call the Mist story.
So now I'm thinking about starting the Mist story instead. The problem is I don't really have any idea how to start that idea. But I already have the first chapter of Arrin's story written. I wrote it a couple years ago, so it will probably need lots of editing, but it is a solid start.
So we'll see. First I have to finish the last part of an edit where I kill off one of my favorite characters. TT^TT


Also, bluebirds! There were bluebirds at the zoo last week1 It's the first time I've ever seen wild bluebirds.
I was going up to my bosses going, "oh my gosh I saw bluebirds! There were four bluebirds right here!" As if I need to look crazy in front of my bosses @_@

No comments: