~*~

~*~

Monday, December 24, 2018

Whenever I'm editing a story, there's always an entire chapter that I end up adding later in the process.

In Katani's story, that happened after multiple rewrites. It was something I'd been wanting to add for ages, but could never find a good spot for it. They visit the land where Katani's dad came from, so Katani gets to see a bit of his own history. And we get a better sense of Melly as well.

(I don't know if I ever actually posted this, but it's a drawing of Melly)


In my graduate story, the chapter I added was basically a false lead in the search for the missing girl. It might seem like a waste of time, but without it, the search felt far too easy. It let us see more of the world too. And as I was writing it, one character came out so strongly that he ended up being my favorite character in the story.

Now in Evva's story I'm starting to think about a chapter that I need to add in. I've had it in my head for a while, but only vaguely. Then it started to get a solid shape just a couple weeks ago. I think it will give me more of a chance to try to solidify my cruddy romantic writing. And it will also give the ecological theme a much stronger standing.
It will involve some research though.

No comments: