~*~

~*~

Friday, December 13, 2019

Frozen 2

So I saw Frozen 2 a couple weeks ago.
And as usual, I like to write about something new and interesting. And complain some too XD Because complaining is fun.

I enjoyed it. I laughed a lot, which is always a good sign.
There were some great songs. Elsa's voice is amazing as always.
Anna and Elsa's relationship is adorable. Both as kids and adults. Who would have guessed that Disney princesses come with an off switch? And it still works even when they grow up XD

Heh. Anna has wanted a prince ever since she was a little thing. And Elsa's always been, "nah, no prince for me" (God, I was so afraid she'd get a love interest that ended up being really lame @_@ Thank you for not doing that, Disney).
The salamander and horse were really cute/cool designs. I wish there had been more of them in the movie.
(Also, the mom was Marianne from Strange Magic XD )

So I had fun while I was watching it.

But when you think about it, there were a lot of unanswered questions.

And now we're getting into spoilers.


I've only seen the movie once, but I don't think I missed the answers to some pretty glaring questions. When you first see a movie, it's natural that a few minor things will only become clear when you've seen it again. But these were not little things. Some of them were big and important.
I'll start with the little ones.
When Elsa stopped the flood, she pushed all the water back upstream instead of out to sea. And the water level didn't rise at all.
At the beginning, Elsa was making ice toys for the kids. Most of them wanted ice animals (did the little ice animals come to life? @_@ ). But one kid wanted a measuring compass (I think). Elsa made it, looking really bewildered. That surprised me. She of all people should be excited to see kids with different interests. Some kids love that kind of stuff from an early age. Encourage it! XD
(Random comment - I liked Kristoff's song a lot. But it felt like the singing reindeer made fun of the emotions he was dealing with).

Why did no one know their mom's origin? I don't see any reason for it to be a secret. There's not evidence that her race is hated or anything.
Why does building a dam weaken the spirits? (And why would that stupid king build it in a place that could flood his own kingdom?)
Why did Elsa turn to ice? (Though it was fascinating that Elsa felt cold for the first time in her life)
Does anyone really believe that Disney is going to kill off Olaf? (Though it still got the audience crying)
Disney just spent a whole movie getting Elsa back to Arendelle. And now she's going off to live in the woods? That rubs me wrong. It also means that Anna and Kristoff are going to be king and Queen. Anna has always been backup to Elsa. She's going to have a tough time being queen. She's hasn't been the best at taking charge, even since the first movie. And Kristoff isn't even a people person. I'm concerned for him, because I don't think he is going to be at all comfortable or happy as a king. It feels like Disney had some reason that they wanted Anna to be queen (since she's the main character? Or more likely because Elsa doesn't have a boyfriend), and they made it happen without regard to the characters.
Why is Elsa the fifth spirit? I thought she was just a person with powerful music. But what, she's not human, or something? I didn't even realize that she was the fifth spirit until she said so at the end of the movie (I also had no idea she was "pacifying the spirits" until she said so. She was just blasting things her ice magic. I didn't even realize the tornado was supposed to be a spirit, even though they named it).

So yeah. Lot's of vague and unclear stuff. If there was a little of that, that would be fine. But there was a lot of it. It felt like it gummed up half of the movie, which I otherwise enjoyed.

I may post again after I've seen the movie a second time. But I'm good at following stuff, and I was still lost on some important points.

No comments: