~*~

~*~

Sunday, February 16, 2020

How do you Communicate Strong Feelings?

It seems that whenever I try to tell something about a topic I feel strongly about, they don't understand how much it affects me.

For example, I wrote about that scary drive during my Florida trip. It freaked me out so bad. I told my Dad about the drive, but he didn't know how bad it was until after he read the blog post.

Maybe I'm just no good at portraying it verbally?

That's a very mild example. There have been a couple times where I tried to explain how devastated I was about Ellen. And the people seemed totally bland about it.
I don't want to try to hide those strong feelings. But I wonder if it's worth trying to share them if no one seems to understand.

Ah well. This was just supposed to be about how I might find it easier to write about emotional stuff, instead of talking about it. Even if I'm not writing to a specific person.

Anyway, have a giraffe.

No comments: