~*~

~*~

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Research Trip to the Mage Temple

A couple weeks ago, I went to Mount Diablo to scope the place out. I'd never been there before, even though I've seen it all my life. But that's where I want to locate one of the mage temples in Magic-Earth.
(Edit - added a photo of the mountain as seen from a distance)


It was a beautiful mountain. I only drove to the top and looked at the view. I really need to hike around to get to know the place better.
Here's the mountain, seen from its base.


Anyway, I think I found the perfect location for the temple. I'll need to get over there in person to check it out properly.
It's a hill to the Northeast of Mount Diablo, called Eagle Peak. I'll probably keep the name the same. It fits well.
Here's the view of Eagle Peak from Mount Diablo. I circled Eagle Peak. (Though I may move the temple to that mountain behind it. Again, more research trips are necessary @_@ )


On the drive up and down, I took a bunch of notes about the plants, animals, mountains, and rocks I saw.
Up at the top was insanely windy. I think they said 50 mph winds. It felt like they'd knock you over. We'd tried to plan for a clear day, but it was hazy in the central valley so we couldn't see as far as possible. But you can see all the way to Yosemite Valley. I guess it's one of the largest views in the US, because there are no other high mountains nearby.
It is a beautiful vies, in every direction.


On the way down, we stopped at this area with really cool rocks.
The rocks are very soft. I was disgusted to find that these beautiful formations were absolutely covered with graffiti people had gouged into it.

People have to vandalize anything ancient and beautiful that they can get their hands on.

Anyway, it's a beautiful place. I hope I can make some other trips there before too long.

No comments: