~*~

~*~

Sunday, May 30, 2021

The New Pokémon Snap

I loved the original Pokémon Snap game. I tried to get the best shots I could of the different Pokémon. I was excited when I heard about the new one. And it is a beautiful game. It's great to have a greater range of Pokémon to photograph. 


The calls of the Pokémon are cute too. They use a lot of real-animal noises. I recognize most of them, but there are a couple I'm not sure about. Leafeon is voiced by a baby panda. But some of them make no sense. Like Alolan Sandslash, which uses the cry of a crane? 

I find myself taking photos like I do at the zoo. Which sometimes means taking a million of them to make sure that one or two come out (what I usually do when there's a lot of movement going on). And then I run out of photos before I realize it XD

They're a lot nicer to the Pokemon in this game. You don't throw "pester balls" and heavy apples at them anymore. Instead there's "fluff fruit." Feathery light apples. So you're still interfering with all the wildlife, but in a less irritating way. Except they do encourage you to have a Pigeot eat a Magikarp.


But some of the requirements for the requests are so convoluted! How could they ever expect you to unlock those quests without a guide:? You have to fulfill a series of extremely specific tasks in the right order, and then take a photo of one specific frame with certain things in the image.

The Volcarona confused the heck out of me. I couldn't get rid of the flames around them on my first shot. Then on the second run, they said to throw fluff fruit at the fire. Yeah, that makes so much sense. If you want to extinguish fire, throw apples at it.

No comments: