~*~

~*~

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Travel Distances

I did some reworking of my dragon world last year, and I though that everything was all ready to go. 


Then I realized I was wrong. I still have a lot more to do.  For example, I had to name the provinces in all five of the countries. I think I've got them done, but I may need to tweak some. I also had to figure out the boundaries of the provinces. 

And I also need to figure out if I want to use the word "province" to refer to them. It doesn't seem like the definition of that word works for my stories (It may have connotations that I don't want, but that requires more research). But I also can't find a better term. "State" isn't an improvement.

And I also need to figure out accurate distances to cross the countries. Then I'll know how long my characters need to travel on horseback or dragonback.

 Let's see what other things I end up having to fix. There will be definitely be more. Like what cultures go in which provinces. That's always been something of a nightmare...

No comments: