~*~

~*~

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Anime and Manga Update

I haven't done one of these in a while! Here's all the anime and manga I've been watching or reading in the past year (or two).


Bambino

I read the manga a while ago, and just watched the drama. It was good! Watching shows about cooking always drives me crazy, since I can't get the food they're eating.


Yu Gi Oh

I finished reading Yu Gi Oh. I think Millennium World was my favorite arc. I liked seeing the ancient Egyptian style artwork. Now I need to watch it!


Kid Icarus Uprising

I always liked fighting as Pitt in Super Smash Brothers, so I finally tried playing one of his games. But I didn't get too far. For some reason, the way you have to hold the 3DS made my hands cramp like crazy. I got to the false ending, and then I just watched the rest on Youtube, At least now I know where he's from!  It was a pretty silly game.


Black Butler

I actually enjoy this series quite a bit! (But since the "secret twin" was introduced, I've been kinda disappointed in it.) 


Made in Abyss

I can't help but be fascinated by it. The characters are so sweet and innocent and they're descending into this unspeakably dark, dangerous polace. And yet I still want to know what's at the bottom.



The Promised Neverland

I'm still wondering whether or not I like this. The characters are good, and I'm rooting for them. But I have the same problem with this that I did with Death Note. The characters are supposed to be smart, but they're always making these amazing discoveries that don't make logical sense with the information they have. 


Legend of Basara

I watched the anime, and it didn't seem to end. I'll have to see if there's a manga, so I can find out what actually happens.  It's got a good premise, at least.


Marchen Awakens Romance

A rather typical fighting manga, but still entertaining. At least enough that I read through to the end XD


Dawn of the Arcana

I loved the concept of this. But Loki just confused me.


Little House with the Orange Roof

Another one that I loved the concept of. A fun story, though it had some of that sexist stuff that drives me crazy. 


Sailor Moon

I finally watched it. I had trouble finding a Japanese version with subtitles for some reason, so I thought I'd just try the original English dub. It was entertaining, and a good distraction during the pandemic. Though I'm still not sure how Sailor Moon ever accomplished anything, with how flaky she was. 


Mushishi

Ooh, I really liked this series! I'm reading the manga now, and it's making me want to watch the anime all over again. It's like a slightly darker version of Natsume Yuujinchou. 


No comments: