~*~

~*~

Friday, June 11, 2021

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power

I just finished watching She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. It was great! Though as you know, I am highly biased toward animal people, so take that as you will. 

As usual, SPOILERS as I'm excitedly discussing cartoons! 

So yeah. I'm just going to jump straight into the animal people.  At first Catra was my favorite. And then she went from being troubled to being evil, and I was all disappointed. "Aah, she won't be able to make up for this stuff." But let's be honest. We all know from a certain monkey character that I'll forgive an animal person for practically anything if they actually try make up for it (And both of them are being evil due to a broken heart caused by abandonment. Whaddaya know?). So yeah. I love Catra again. Her cute sneezes and fear of water make it even better. And I love her pet lion!


I also love Scorpia. What a sweetie! 

Actually, I think I liked Double Trouble the best. They reminded me so much of my cousin! My cousin doesn't have that money-focused evil streak, but their mannerisms are so similar! Plus they're a shapeshifter. Yaay! I wish they'd gotten more of a role in the last season, but it was nice to see they were at least helpful some. 


(Now onto the non-animal people)

Ooooh, I love Shadow Weaver's voice. 

Man, Bow really got me. I have a cousin named Beau, so I thought nothing of it when he was introduced. Then someone said "Bow has his bow," and only then did I make the connection that his name was "Bow" not "Beau," and that it was playing off him being an archer. Auuugh, why are the names all so tacky TT^TT

Heheh. Kipo and Glimmer have the same voice. For some reason, it took me longer to adjust to that that than it usually does when an actor reappears? 

And Adora is a jerk to her original friends. She does eventually apologize to Catra for abandoning her, but it takes a long time.


(And stepping away from characters)

This based on an old show, which I've never seen. Should I watch it? I knew nothing of it before this show.

A good combination of laugh-out-loud and heart-wrenching moments. My favorite shows balance those two really well. They can cheer you up, or break your heart. And man, some of that friend stuff really got me. I'm such a sap about that these last few years. Before that, I would have still enjoyed the show, but found this stuff a little bit tacky XD 

Oh my god, I'm doing summer camp stuff at work right now, and there are so many moments where what they do in the show is exactly like what I'm doing with the kids. 

Bow: "Entrapta, Adora, stand there, and stop touching things!"

Perfuma: "Put the tank down! We do not throw tanks at our friends!"

Whoo, yeah. That sounds familiar.


Anyway, I recommend the show, and I'd like to watch it again!

No comments: