~*~

~*~

Thursday, March 31, 2022

I Want my Bison Back!

I was watching the bonus features on the animated Beauty and the Beast. 


Beast has features of a bunch of different animals, like bear, bison, and wolf. They were talking about designing Beast's human form (and mentioned that they forgot to give him a name). Though in the end, it didn't matter too much what he looked like. After all, the whole movie was meant to get you attached to the big furry beast. Then all of a sudden, he's gone and there's this dude instead. 


I'd never thought of that, but it's true! (Though I'm usually biased in favor of animal people. I love his beast design). They said that no matter what the prince looked like, viewers would always go "I want my bison back!"

 (And they also interviewed some actors who did stage versions of Beauty and the Beast. One actor who played Gaston said that he once dropped his knife during the final fight against beast. So he just had to start slapping Beast. Ultimate improv, that. )


(One more thing! I just saw a Youtube comment that said Beast kind of fills the usual princess role - he's locked in a castle, trapped in a spell, and someone rides in to save him XD )

No comments: