~*~

~*~

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Sending our Hearts to Ukraine

I'm late to post. Largely because I don't feel like I know enough to properly contribute. I've also been stalling in learning. Because right now, I suspect that no one's really doing anything to help, and I don't want that suspicion confirmed.


All I've heard to far is that people are boycotting Russia. It's like the rest of the world is just shaking their head in disappointment at Russia. Do something! Stop them! How can we still be letting this kind of stuff happen? And the maniacs that are doing it have enough nukes to destroy themselves and everyone else. 

I can't comprehend how humans have made the world what it is now. We learn nothing.


Anyway, here's a line that I've been trying to keep in mind. For most of us, the only thing we can do is try to keep the world around us peaceful.It has to start somewhere:

After the bombing of the World Trade Center in New York on Sept. 11, 2001, Swami Kriyananda wrote a letter to the Ananda communities worldwide. He said, “Though I very much wanted to pray, this drama is so vastly complex that, lacking a clear focus, no prayer of mine, surely, could be very effective. Then I thought of the prayer attributed to Saint Francis of Assisi*: ‘Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace.’ And I thought, What better prayer than this for such a time?

No comments: