~*~

~*~

Friday, September 9, 2022

Tasting a Bit of Another Language

I'm not a linguist. I can scrape by with some Spanish and Japanese, and that's about it. But it's fascinating to see how differently languages can work. For writers, it's a great way to develop different forms of communication.

I just read something about the Russian language The book is called Sacred Horses: The Memoirs of a Turkmen Cowboy). Specifically it talks about words that relate to going places. Walking, or swimming or flying for example. Russian uses a different word for "walking" if you're going to walk one way to a place. And a different word if you're going to walk in a round trip. Or if it's a walk you regularly make. Or even a trip you usually return from. 

 

And now, because I can, I'm gonna throw a bunch of lions at you.This is mom and son. And the son is like a super model. Look at this one. He could be in a shampoo commercial. 

 


 

 

No comments: