~*~

~*~

Monday, September 26, 2022

Kiki on the Big Screen

Not long ago, I mentioned that they were playing some Ghibli movies on the big screen.  This time I went to see Kiki's Delivery Service. 


 

This is another one I'd never seen on the big screen. And once again, I noticed a few new details. Though they were pretty small ones. Like when Kiki helps bake the pot pie, she uses clips to keep her sleeves out of the way.

 What I really noticed was that they changed the English version. The American Ghibli movies often add all this random extra dialogue. For example, Jiji complaining in the background. But it looks like they've gone back and cut out all that random stuff, so it's far more authentic.

And they moved the music back too. I always loved the English songs for Kiki. But it's cool that they switched them back to the original. And there's a soundtrack song they took out, which they put back in. 

 It's so weird when I hear the differences. I grew up with the original version, and I know it so well that even the tiny differences jump out at me. But I also love that they fixed it up.

No comments: