~*~

~*~

Monday, September 25, 2023

Accidental Naming

When I first started taking notes for my version of Beauty and the Beast, I just referred to the characters as "Beauty" and "Beast." But when I started writing out a few sample scenes, I needed names. "Beauty" has already gone through four different names (if you count using "Beauty" as a placeholder). At first I was looking at names that mean something akin to "beautiful." I tried Laila, which means "dark beauty." But it didn't seem to click with her. Then I tried "Aya," which can mean "beautiful."

But then I kept using "Maya" by accident And since I kept using the wrong name, I decided to go with that one . If I kept calling her "Maya," maybe that was just her name (Plus Maya is a goddess of beauty! So I accidentally found a name with the same theme as the others). 

So Beauty is Maya for now. Though I think I may have Maya be short for a longer name.

I found a name for Beast a lot faster. But I might change it. We'll see.

 Gorilla

No comments: