~*~

~*~

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Zoo Poems

Over the last three years, I've been writing poems for all of the zoo animals. I'd do a few species, then I'd forget for a while or I wouldn't have time. Then I'd start up again. I'd make progress on the list, but then we'd get new animals and I'd have to add them on. At first, I didn't include every species. We have five species of ibis, for example and I was just going to do one poem for all of the ibis. When I got close to finishing, I decided to do every individual species. The trickiest is for the insect zoo, because we cycle through those faster (due to usually short lifespans of insects). 

But as of today, I have officially finished! 

You know, at least until we get a new species. Like the new fox that should be out soon. 

Two-toed sloth

No comments: