~*~

~*~

Monday, January 22, 2024

From Ireland to Italy

I don't think I ever actually said where I went from mid November to mid December. After I left the zoo, I wanted to take the opportunity to travel. My cousin invited me to stay with them for three weeks in Italy. They have a neighbor that runs an animal rescue, so I decided to use the trip as a volunteer opportunity. 

I'll upload a proper travel log at some point, but I haven't even finished doing so for my Peru trip (which was over a year ago).

These are the basics of my trip. The place I most wanted to go in Europe was Ireland. I decided to fly into Ireland, and then boat/train across Europe to my cousin's house, stopping a few times along the way. I had less than two weeks to plan the trip, because I wanted to get home before the Christmas rush (and before winter started to hit hard). It was a stressful couple weeks, needless to say. And the travels across Europe were rather hectic too - I only spent a couple days in each place because hotels are expensive, and I had no income. And despite Europe's excellent train system, there are still some very chaotic things about it (one asshole conductor threatened to give me a ticket because he refused to believe that my ticket was real, until some random strangers came to help me).

I flew into Ireland and had three days in Dublin. It was awesome. I hope I can go back some day. Especially since I missed two of the four things I really wanted to do. 

I took a ferry over to England and spent a couple days in London. 

Rode the  train under the English channel and spent two days in Paris. 

Took the train to Switzerland and spent a day in Bern. 

And finally got on a train to spend just over three weeks with my family. And I made best buddies with a wild boar (she'd been rescued as a piglet and was hand-raised, so she was friendly). She loved belly rubs. And my roommates were two older kittens. 

No comments: