~*~

~*~

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cardcaptors

OK, So I mentioned earlier that when I went to Fanime, I only knew 7 things there. And one of them was Cardcaptors. So I guess I'll write about that for now.
It's an anime. A japanese cartoon. Now, I know what some people think when you watch the japanese anime that have been turned into english (as opposed to watching the original japanese version with subtitles) but I saw it as a little kid in english, not japanese, and that's what I liked.
So, a few years ago, when I was introduced to youtube, I realized that I could watch the whole series. I had only seen about 5 episodes when they were out on TV. My point is, I watched the english versions. Sorry for all the purists (Ellen, Nicole, Chris, ex). But I can understand your views. We had to watch Finding Nemo in spanish during high school, and the whole time I was thinking how freaky their voices sounded. Whichever version you watch first grows on you. I've heard this from other people too.
SOOOO, I digress.
Cardcaptors follows a girl named Sakura as she tries to track down magic Clow Cards that she accidentally set free. They were created by the powerful Sorcerer Clow Reed many years ago, and she stumbled upon the book by accident. And the guardian beast, Kero, appoints Sakura as a Cardcaptor to track down and seal all the missing cards.
What I'm getting at, is I recently found a bunch of cool pictures from the anime! You know me. I'm gonna put them up! I'll probably try to do it in an organized fashion, though.
This picture pretty much shows all the main characters form both parts of the series. Sakura is in the middle. The little orange creature to the left is Kero. Behind Kero are Li and Meilin. Below them are Sakura's dad, her brother Tori (in english, Toya in japanese), and her friend's mom.
To the right of Sakura is her friend Madison (Or in Japanese, Tomoyo). Above madison is Yue, Kero's partner, who doesn't show up till the second half.
Below Madison is Eli (AKA Eriol), Ruby Moon, and Sakura's teacher.

Sakura, Li, Kero, and Madison

Sakura, Yue, and Kero (in his true form-quite a bit more powerful than a "stuffed animal."

Oh, so in this picture, the guy behind Tori is Juilan (AKA Yukito) (NEXT FEW WORDS ARE SPOILERS!) who is Yue's alternate form.


Sakura, Elli, Ruby Moon, And Spinner Sun (Spinel Sun). Ruby is like an alternate to Yue, and Spinner is pair with Kero. Sort of.



Oh, I should explain. Madison loves coming up with costumes for Sakura whenever Sakura captures a Clow Card. She likes to video tape all Sakura's captures too. So you'll see a lot of interesting costumes for Sakura.


The man reflected in the mirror is Clow Reed, creator of the Clow Cards.



























1 comment:

fUzAhEeChUl~ said...

hahaha...i like cardcaptor sakura too...but haven't seen it for so long..really miss sakura and shaoran!!