~*~

~*~

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Humans are Disgusting

The title of this post is a quote that I couldn't get out of my mind for part of the day. Let me explain.
Mom has an old copy machine that she's getting rid of cause she just got a new one. So she told Dad to go out and dump it at the recycling place. Before I knew that's where he was going, I agreed to go with him as he ran some other errands. Turns out they couldn't recycle the copy machine, so they had us drive into this huge warehouse room to dump it off (we had to pay to do it too). Inside this huge room was a pile of garbage up to the ceiling along with tractors and guys pushing it around. It stank to "high heaven" and there was a thick coating of sludge on the ground.
"Humans are disgusting. Humans are disgusting." That's what I kept thinking. That's a quote from Ponyo. Ponyo's dad says that. And I completely agree with him. Most of the stuff in that pile of garbage could have been recycled, along with our 100 pound copy machine. But it wasn't. It's going to be buried underground somewhere where it can pollute our ground water.
WHY DON"T WE RECYCLE ANYTHING??? It's not just the fault of individuals. The companies in charge of making new things make them from scratch. They don't recycle anything.
And it's mainly america! Other countries do a GREAT job or recycling.
Humans are disgusting.

No comments: