~*~

~*~

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Up up and away in my beautiful balloon!!

Someone gave me a copy of Up as an early christmas present. That's a great movie. I love Dug! Aww!
Anyway, most of the Pixar movies are really good. I think Toy Story might be my least favorites of them. Though it has been a while since I watched them, so my opinion might have changed since I watched them.
I went to see 2 movies in the theatre today. I've never been to 2 movies in a day. Plus we watched Up tonight. I saw the new version of "A Christmas Carol." It was pretty good, if rather dark.
And then me, Ellen, Nicole, and Kelley went to see "The Princess and the Frog." It wasn't bad. But it wasn't great either. Most of Disney's recent stuff hasn't been great. Except Pixar and stuff. And the Ghibli stuff to (since they do the american versions).
I recently watched 2 of their newer movies. I think part of the reason why I haven't seen many of them recently is the commercials. They haven't seemed too interesting. For example, I never felt like I wanted to see "Bolt" of "Meet the Robinsons." But I saw part of the latter on TV, so I went to rent it cause it didn't look too bad. It was pretty good. I liked Wilbur as a character. I thought he was funny. But the ending was so random. All of a sudden evil hats start taking over the world as seen through some mystical flashing device and then the Goob guy goes "oh my god! my hat pushed me! i guess I'll be good now." So the climax wasn't very developed. And I have no idea why they had a squid in their house and stuff. But it was better than I though it'd be.
And then Ellen said that Bolt was pretty good, so I watched that a few days ago. That was a lot better than I thought it'd be too. But the hamster was annoying. I mean, I don't like it when they make animals overly stupid. I can't explain what I mean. Some animals can be stupid, I don't deny that, but not in the way humans show it. They make animals idiotic and obnoxious and too human-like. Talking animals are cool. But people make them do human things that animals would never do. That's what I don't like. Gah! I can't explain this like I want to! It's not coming out right.
Another annoying thing are some nature documentaries that they make now. They make animal lives seem like soap operas. That's a good example, I guess. Like that Meerkat Manor thing. A complete soap opera. The way they edit and narrate some of these documentaries is so STUPID! It's so obnoxious! There are some great documentaries out there, but when I'm skimming Animal Planet, I run into some really stupid stuff too. Like "The Most Extreme" and that show whose title I can't remember that shows all these crazy disasters involving animals and they show the same clip over and over making it way over the top dramatic with their stupid narration.
Anyway, I started this post out all excited about watching Up. Now i'm all huffed up about people making animals look like idiots. Sigh. Either way. Pixar is good. Let me talk about those some more to get calmed down.
A Bugs Life! That's Pixar, right? That's a good one.
Finding Nemo! I love that one! Definitely one of my favorites. Dory is awesome! Great movie. Great.
Monsters Inc is a fun one too. Boo is cute!
And Wall-E. Admittedly the blob people are strange, but it's a sweet story.
Ratatouille. That's a fun one. It makes me hungry. Mmm. It looks delicious!
Cars isn't too bad. Not one of their best, but it's still good.
The Incredibles I actually haven't seen since it was in theatres. I need to watch that one again.
And the Pixar shorts are fun! They were on TV last week, so I watched them.
Like I said, I haven't seen the Toy Story ones in a while, but they weren't my favorites. And they're making a 3rd one. Honestly, it didn't look that great when I saw the commercial for it today. Oh well.
Other Pixar stuff is awesome!
Like Up!

No comments: