~*~

~*~

Monday, June 2, 2014

Maleficent

I saw Maleficent today.
I liked it.
It reminded me of Wicked, in the way that you have a villain and end up getting very attached to them. First Elphaba, then Regina, and now Maleficent. I'm starting to really like these types of characters.
It's cool seeing how stories are turned around in this way, and you see different sides of a well-known theme.

Aww, when we first saw her as a kid, her wings were so pretty! I haven't seen winged people in a while, so that was exciting.
And they animated her wings really well. They always seemed to full of life.
The flying scenes were amazing too.
And I liked the crow.
(Maybe I liked the movie because of the animal people...)
The three "good fairies" were annoying though.

Minor spoilers:
Heheh. "True Love's Kiss." Now it just seems like everyone's jumping on the band wagon. I saw it first in Once Upon a Time, with the true love's kiss between a mother and son. And then in Frozen, the act of true love was between sisters. And they did the same thing here. I predicted it would happen, and sure enough.
Now I kind of hope that they don't start using that in everything. It could easily become cliché.

The ending song was really bad though...

No comments: