~*~

~*~

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tis the Season... of movies

I got summoned for jury duty today. They send me those stupid notices every year, but this is the first time I actually had to go in. I was there for 4 hours, and then got sent home. At least I didn't have to do anything. And I had a book to read while I was waiting.
It wasn't that bad, but I've had 4 big school things come up over the past couple days, all of which could potentially mess with my next semester, or my entire program. So, I'll have to get through all that crud. I thought I'd already gotten through all these weird hoops...

Aaanyway, now that I've vented some.
This is the time of year where all the movies come out. I kind of wish they were spread out more though, since it's more fun than going to them all within a couple weeks.
I saw Maleficent and X-Men. There's another movie I want to see now, and HTTYD comes out in a couple days.

The slow-mo scene in X-Men was SO AWESOME!!!
X-Men was good, but it reminded me a lot of what they did to the new Star Trek movies. (spoilers) In that they basically take all of the previous movies and throw them out the window. I did like the X-Men one at least (unlike Star Trek). I liked it, but I'm kind of sad they did that too. So... what the heck happened to them all? Especially Jean, Rogue, Scott, ex.
I liked Mystique a lot. The fact that she wasn't evil and unsociable made me feel much more connected to her shape-shifting-ness. Yaay shape-shifting!
(My protectiveness was triggered again during the movie. "Don't you dare hurt them, you jerks! Imma keellll youuuuuu!") And after the movie, I kept especting to throw myself headfirst into strange magic fights.
Dad said he expected cars to get flung around as we were driving home.
Isn't if fun when a movie/book makes you expect magis stuff to happen at any second? It's great when your brain gets re-wired that way. ^-^

This movie wasn't actually in theaters. "You are Umasou." A kids anime movie about dinosaurs (yaay dinosaurs!). I watched it on my laptop up in Reno. It was a lot of fun, and I showed Ellen and Nicole the beginning of it, and they ended up watchign the whole thing. Nicole even watched it again with her brother.
It's really cute.
And it's got dinosaurs!
Can you tell I like dinosaurs?

Curses. I keep forgetting to add pictures. Must remember to do that. So, here's Umasou and Heart.

No comments: