~*~

~*~

Friday, July 25, 2014

Mark Twain says Write

Yesterday, Mark Twain told me to keep writing.

Okay, it was a reenactor of Mark Twain, but it was still fun. He asked me what I was studying. And it wasn't until I said environmental studies and "creative writing" that I realized the parallel and laughed. And he remembered that apparently, because when he saw me later he said to keep writing.

I wonder what it must be like to be a reenactor. It seems like it would be fun.
Actually. I sort of did do that once. In high school, for a trial we put on, I had to dress up and act as Mark Twain. I stuck a big fuzzy moustache to my lip with a glob of glue from a gluestick. Because the special glue we bought wouldn't open, even when someone tried stomping on it.
Mark Twain is definitely a great writer. I've gotta read more of his stuff.

No comments: