~*~

~*~

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Comic Author

So, I went to an author event today.
It was a talk by a guy named Gene Luen Yang. He's written some comics, one of which won an award. That's actually the only one of his I read, called American Born Chinese. It was a good book. Funny, but a bit sad too. And now I want to read his other stuff. ^-^
I checked out a couple of his other books already.
He actually helps on some of the Avatar LAst Airbender comics! Like The Search and The Promise. Which are a lot of fun too~ I wonder if the next book is out yet on the newest series...
He said how awesome it was that he could call the creaters of Airbender, and they actually answer his call.

It was a fun event. There were a bunch of parents with kids. Not a ton of people, but that meant that everyone could interact more.
He talked about some of the history of comics, and how Chinese culture was included in them. And at the end, he did an activity (probably mainly for the kids) about making characters. It was fun though, since some of the elements o the characters were random.
I got a copy of the American born Chinese, and he signed it for me~ He talked to everony in the signing line, encouraging the kids, and drawing little sketches in the books.
Now I have about four signed books. ^-^

No comments: