~*~

~*~

Sunday, August 24, 2014

What's Shakin?

It's bad to go to an anime convention when you've been trying to suppress a spending urge for a couple weeks...

Anyway, I woke up at 3:20 AM last night to a rattling sound.
I don't really remember my initial thoughts, but I quickly realized that it was probably an earthquake. A couple moments later, I was holding Leaf, who had been sleeping at the foot of my bed. I must have grabbed her, wanting to keep her safe.
The rattling continued for several seconds, and then quieted down.

Dad felt it too, though I heard it more than felt it.
I seem to have a very strange thought process around 3:00 AM. Because when I failed to fall easily back to sleep, I thought "Oh! I just moved my statues of Barron and Louise. What if an aftershock comes, and they fall off?"

So I got up and laid them on their sides, so they couldn't tip off of the dresser.
It took a while to fall asleep again.

I'd felt a couple little earthquakes before. The first one I felt was a long time ago. It was so mild that I just thought Midnight had jumped on my bed. Except it went on too long for that.
They were always a bit exciting to me.
This one made me uneasy though.
And for good reason, since this turned out to be the edge of a very large earthquake. Napa really got trashed.
I wish I could go up there to see what I could do. Sigh.

No comments: