~*~

~*~

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Rush @__@

Wow, this is something that I didn't know could happen!
Jeez, the power of writing!
There have been many times where I have written very intense part of my stories and gotten really excited and worked up as I wrote and lived the scene in my head (Especially the assassin scene in Red Seeker - that's the one that's been getting me a lot recently, even as I think back on it. Whoo, rush!)
It really is an awesome sensation. I love writing exciting parts because of that.
I didn't really expect that this time. Because this scene I'm writing for my creative writing class doesn't have much action in it.
This is a scene from Red Seeker too. Well, not actually. It takes place a couple weeks after the end of the story.
The beginning touches a ceremony in which Katani and his friends show up briefly, as do Shanka and the Betas. But the story is Fei Yen's.
Hmm. Does this count as spoilers for my story? Well, everyone here probably knows about this, but you have been warned.
This is the scene where Kazuhi proposes to Fei Yen.
I got the idea for the scene a couple months ago, maybe. And since I don't have many short story ideas, I thought I'd use it as my second creative writing story (The one at my main school, not the one I take for fun at the smaller college near my house). I just finished the first draft a couple minutes before I wrote this post.
I started getting very excited about this story a while ago. Especially when I got new ideas for it.
Now I tried to write a romantic scene once a few years ago. I haven't looked at it since, and I don't particularly want to look at it again. I don't really read romance, and I certainly don't write it. I've never been in love or in a relationship or anything, so I don't even have anything to compare it to. So I don't know how good the scene will be written out in the end.
But the scene feels so great in my head. I love Kazuhi and Fei Yen so much. I've heard that authors should be careful about getting so attached to their characters, but I can't help it. I really love these two guys (to be fair, I love everyone else in the story, but these two gotta be my favorites).

I got a major rush writing the last part of this scene. Although I have absolutely zero romantic experience, as I wrote this scene, I could feel it completely. Wow. I had no idea writing could do that. For all the times I've gotten energy rushes from writing, I didn't know that it could actually let you "feel" a romance even if you don't know what romance is like. It's like a whole new experience.
Does this even make sense? I feel as un-eloquent as Fei Yen was during that scene. XD

Wish me luck in editing. I really want to make this scene worth it.

No comments: