~*~

~*~

Friday, February 13, 2015

Really Noisy Rakes...

Something I hate: Leaf blowers.
This week I was sitting on a bench on campus, eating lunch. And just as I start to eat, this guy stops right across the walkway from me and turns on a leaf blower and spends about 15 minutes blowing dust and leaves around and shattering the air with that awful noise as I'm trying to eat.
Could I have moved? Maybe. At lunch time, a nice bench can be hard to find. And I doubt the guy would have even noticed if I stormed off in a huff...
And a lot of the time when I'm sitting in my room with the window open, the disgusting blare of a leaf blower or electric lawn mower drives me crazy and makes me shut the window, even though it's such a beautiful day.
They seem so utterly and completely pointless, and torturous at the same time. What do they do that you can't do with a much quieter and energy-efficient method?
There are a couple lovely things called rakes and brooms. Do they take longer than a leaf blower? Maybe a little. And they may take a little more effort, but it's hardly intensive exercise. They're nice and quiet. And they don't need fuel. I've done lots and lots of sleeping and raking, in gardens and ranches. I also have a hand-pushed lawn mower, which I am in charge of using. So I say with complete confidence that they're a million times better than those obnoxious excuses for a substitute.

I tried to write this down as it ran through my head during lunch. ^-^ Venting is over~

No comments: