~*~

~*~

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Seraphina

I just finished a book called Seraphina. And it was very good.

Crystal got Ellen, Nicole and I to read it. And I was the last one to do so XD
And now I'm trying to remember the last good book I read before this... And I just realized, I haven't done a book update in a while. I really should do that. Except I'll have to find the last one I wrote so I can pick up where I left off...
Well, the last book that I liked enough to want a copy was called Ship Breaker. It was a good book, but admittedly I mainly want it because it's the closest thing I've found so far to my graduate project. So I'll definitely need to read more of this author's books.
But Seraphina was just a high quality book. Good characters and world and writing.
I don't think I've been reading very many good books recently... But it looks like the second book to Seraphina is coming out next month. Cool~

Actually, I ended up liking the romance part of the book (spoilers coming up). When Kiggs appeared, it seemed like they were setting him up to be a romantic interest. And as often happens, I heave a sigh when I see that, because it usually isn't satisfying in the end (at least to me).
But I actually liked this relationship. Maybe it was because of how Seraphina had to fight it, for multiple reasons. Kiggs fought it too. And in the end they accepted the fuzzy future about their relationship.
Kiggs also was cool. The first time I realized that was when Seraphina insulted him, and he took off. But the next day he came back and was acting all normal. When Seraphina asked why, he said ,"well, you insulted me and I got angry. That's how things go. But I thought about it and realized that you made a good point." Aah, what a great response. And a great way to think about things too!
I also think that I understood the relationship. I got why they would be attracted to each other. And they also tried to be realistic about how their relationship would affect them.

And one more thing. I like to read the glossaries at the end of books. And the one at the end of Seraphina actually made me laugh a couple times.
Who the heck can make a glossary funny?
Wow. Kudos.

No comments: