~*~

~*~

Monday, July 11, 2016

Pokemon Go-ing

So, there's a big fuss all over about Pokémon Go.
I was excited about it too.



But I ended up being disappointed. And not just because of all the glitches and bugs that still need to be worked out.
And how there is no explanation of how to play.

The game is extremely limiting.
A lot of people live in areas that have few Pokémon and no Pokéspots, so they can't get items, or level up.
There aren't any Pokéspots near my house that I can walk to. There was one the first day, but it was gone when I biked past today? I have no idea why.

And the second reason it's limiting is because it's supposed to use huge amounts of data. So, a lot of people can't play until the next month comes, when their data for their phones will be renewed.
In my case, I don't even have a smart phone. I don't need one, can't afford one, and I don't even want one. So, I've been playing some on my Mom's iphone, which she doesn't use that much. Except her data plan is very small. And if I use up all of her data, she will probably kill me. So, I can't really play the game much.
Even though I've been a dedicated Pokémon fan forever.

Not to mention all the news stories about people putting themselves, and other people, in danger by not paying attention while they play.

So, yeah. I'm disappointed. This game seems to work really well for specific people.

I feel really behind in Pokémon Go. Sigh.

No comments: