~*~

~*~

Friday, January 6, 2017

Big Screen!

A few weeks ago, they played Spirited away in theaters for a day.
And yesterday was a day where they had Princess Mononoke on the big screen.


I saw both of them. I had never seen either on a big screen before, so I noticed little details that I had never noticed before.
And the music was amazing.

It's easy to tell who had never seen Princess Mononoke before because of the reactions to some of the scenes. Like a samurai getting his arms shot off. I suppose you wouldn't normally to hear laughter at scenes like that, but there was plenty of it? I think more from surprise than anything. Heh.
I hope some new people fell in love with Princess Mononoke~

Princess Mononoke still remains one of my best models for environmental fiction.
I heaped love upon id during my graduate talk.
Although I still cannot pick a favorite Ghibli movie. It's impossible to choose...

No comments: