~*~

~*~

Friday, January 27, 2017

Overshadowing the Apprentice

I'm shifting gears a bit in regards to my writing. I want to get a bit more distance before I go back over Katani again.
I really suck at doing really long, detailed edits of my own stuff. Not because I'm bad at the detailed stuff, but because I'm bad at keeping that state of min for more than half an evening...
I'll need to get better at that, because this next work through of Katani is where I want to make sure I have every detail and word as great as I can.
Which is kinda impossible, because in a few months, a lot of it won't seem right anymore.

Such is fate.


So I'm going back to work on Evva's story. I've been neglecting her for a while.
My first drafts are always bad, but there's an interesting problem.
Evva is a mage apprentice. She's traveling with her master to gain experience.


As a master mage, Master Asani has to respond to requests from the towns they pass through.
Evva lets her master do most of the talking, since she hs more experience dealing with annoyed or frightened people.
Except this makes her seem kind of passive during these scenes.

I already kinda know what to do to fix it, at least.
Partly to have more of Evva's thoughts and reactions to some of the situations. And Also, Master Asani can let her handle some of the less intense situations, for practice.

I guess I just wanted to do a writing update.
Ugh, why am I so tired?

And finally,
UUURRRRGHHHHHHH, LIFE!
In so many ways...

No comments: